The Brahimi Report commissioned by Koffi Anna spelled out some necessary recommendations for improvement of the peacekeeping operations. It provided new fundamentals for peace operations in attempt to revamp and rebrand peacekeeping. It recommended that:
- Firm rules of engagement (ROE) shall be adopted
- Realistic and achievable mandate shall be carved out to make mission definable and temporal
- Human rights experts will be included in peacekeeping missions
- Security of the mission and protection of local population shall be foremost in peacekeeping.
- Deployment of troops must be within 30 days and 90 days in complex cases, after mission being established by UNSC
- Member states must join the Stand-by Arrangement System (UNSAS) to allow rapid deployment of national database civilian police .